05 Nov || BAS STUDIO || 5 Reasons we love meeting our BAS humans in the real world
As an online jewellery brand we jump at the chance to get to know our customers face-to-face. Hanging out with you guys was one of the main reasons we started our bangle-making workshops and we love exhibiting at Pop Ups and Design Fairs across the country for that very reason.
We are a friendly duo who love a natter and will always seek an opportunity for a good old chat with our fans and judging by how quickly our workshops get booked, and the popularity of the fairs and bazaars, we’re guessing you quite like meeting the faces behind the brands too.
So here’s why it’s so important for us get out of the studio and makes some friends:
1) We admit it, we are magpies and just can’t help checking out how you style your jewels and understanding which are your favourite Black And Sigi pieces. It’s the best kind of market research and gives us a great insight into what you’re lusting after, often inspiring us with new design ideas.
2) For us the chance to show and explain in person what makes a Black and Sigi piece special is priceless; you just can’t beat seeing the goodies up close and trying them on. We love for you to see them glisten in the light, exploring the colours, textures and stones in a way not always possible online.
3) We’ve discovered some awesome new stockists when exhibiting at trade show Top Drawer (we’re pretty proud to say Black And Sigi are now stocked in Japan!) and made friends with a multitude of cool brands. It’s pretty inspiring to be surrounded by other creatives, meeting small businesses who are forging their own path in the retail industry and over time we have built up a really supportive network of independent labels.
4) Which has led to the chance of collaborating with some seriously talented people after meeting at these events; combining our ideas with the skills of another designer to create something a little different for you, our customers.
5) And rather importantly we discovered the power of crystals through a conversation with a customer we met at an event; which lead to our ever popular Full Moon Crystal Workshops.
Right now we’re preparing for two events this month. First up is A Cateen’s Winter’s Fair in Chelmsford on the 10th November. It’s our first Pop Up in the town and we’ll be there from 9.30am so please come say hi!
And the second is the lovely Leigh on Sea Pop Up, on 16th and 17th November from 11am, which is always full of wonderful gifts and products made by Essex creatives.
So why not come meet the Black and Sigi team, try on some jewels, treat yourself to some goodies and make a start on that Christmas shopping? But be warned, you will need a big shopping bag because there are so many delights on offer.